I have always been an extremely logical, left-brained, pragmatic person. My favorite subject in college was logic. I went to law school. I looked for the universe to make sense. Therefore, the idea of conscious creation seemed logical to me from the get-go. Looking at our world through the lens of the law of attraction and taking into consideration choices made before we incarnate, made sense of what I used to think was a crazy and illogical world.
While I could wrap my mind around conscious creation, the idea of crystals seemed woo-woo and illogical to me. How could a rock have powers? Other than looking pretty, what possible use could they have?
Boy, was I wrong.
Crystals have consciousness. Their consciousness makes them powerful. Similarly, humans have consciousness, and our consciousness makes us powerful. Crystals are simply a different form of consciousness.
“In a crystal we have clear evidence of the existence of a formative life principle, and though we cannot understand the life of a crystal, it is nonetheless a living being.”
And like humans, not all crystals are awake, and not all crystals are powerful. The ones that are, can be hugely beneficial as allies in creating what we desire. And the synergy between humans and crystals means that their combined power is exponentially greater than the sum of their separate powers.
But before you head out to purchase your first crystal, answer this question:
Are you meant to work with crystals?
Not everyone is meant to work with crystals. Some people are, and some are meant to work with their manifesting energy in other ways. One is not better than another. How do you know if you are meant to work with crystals? Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you find crystals intriguing?
- Do you want to know more about crystals?
- Do you feel connected to crystals, even though you may know nothing about them?
You can trust your feelings when it comes to crystals. It is said that crystals find us, we don’t find them. If you’re meant to work with them, you’ll be drawn to them, and that will become apparent.
I remember the first crystal that came into my keeping. The year was 1990 and the concept of crystals was brand-spanking new to me. At the time, I had precious little money to spend on food, let alone crystals. Yet one beckoned to me. It was a “crystal” clear double terminated quartz handheld. And it cost eighty dollars.
Eighty dollars was a ton of money to me back then. I just couldn’t justify it. But it, apparently, had a different idea.
Over the weekend of the workshop, various forms of money came to me in synchronistic, but mysterious ways. First my hotel room was credited for $50 because of its “inconvenient location” (near an elevator—which, for me, wasn’t a problem). One of the workshop participants gave me a $10 bill as an advance for giving them a Bach Flower reading. And someone else was kind enough to pay for my $20 dinner bill.
When I realized I was $80 more abundant than I’d planned on being, I immediately bought the crystal. I was so excited. It was my first step into becoming a “crystal magician” which basically means I use crystals to intensify my own energy, power, and intent. I would estimate I now have somewhere around 200 crystals (I’ve never counted). And it is a great joy and privilege to work with them.
“Crystals can work with you as allies for bringing your attention, to condense and focus energy. And of your intent. It can hold and release your intent.”
It’s easy to work with crystals. And it’s fun to have a consciousness that will align with your desires and dreams and add power to your energy. So cool, right? If you’re considering purchasing and working with crystals, there are a few things you should know first:
- Crystals deserve respect. Crystals are consciousness and it is a gift to be a “crystal keeper” (not “owner”). Don’t put them on the floor without a cloth or pad underneath. Don’t entrust them to people (even housecleaners) who will not respect them. Treat them with care and reverence.
- Crystals should be cleaned. Cleaning crystals removes energy that has entered them by accident. Just by being around people feeling self-pity, anger, martyrdom, or other negative emotions, crystals will pick up that emotion. They will also magnify whatever they take on, so it’s critical to clean your crystals regularly. You can clean crystals a number of ways, with sunlight, moonlight, salt, sage, etc. But my favorite way to clean crystals is with water. I use regular hand soap and hold the crystal under running water (be certain to make the water temperature approximately the same as the crystal temperature). I suggest placing a towel in the bottom of the sink in case your crystal slips out of your wet hands. Then gently wash it with soap, rinse it thoroughly and set it on a soft towel to dry.How often you clean your crystals depends on how many people have access to them and what their emotional states are as they do. Definitely clean your crystals before programming them to manifest, when they have been around some negative energy, and ideally whenever you get the intuitive hit to do so.
- Crystals should be cleared. Clearing crystals is simply removing the past programming. Similar to erasing software on your computer to make room for new software, the old instructions you gave to a crystal need to be erased when you have new intentions. You should clear a crystal when you first get it and when you change its programming. The simplest way to clear a crystal is to hold that intention and thought as you clean the crystal. For instance, when I cleanse my crystals under water, I also imagine the water clearing out all old programs, leaving the crystal powerful, clean, clear, and ready to join me in manifesting something new.Crystals can be used for many things and in many ways. This post, however, focuses on working with crystals to magnify your energy for the purposes of manifesting your desires.
How to program a crystal for what you want
It’s easy to program a crystal to help you manifest your desires:
- Create a space to program your crystal. Set aside some time when you will not be disturbed. Go someplace quiet, play some soft music, light a candle, and focus. What you bring to this process will profoundly affect your results.
- Choose what to create. Write or type and print out the intention you want help in manifesting. I suggest using just one intention at a time for each crystal.
- Choose a crystal to help you create it. There are many types of crystals and all will amplify your energy. Some crystals, such as clear quartz, work great for all types of manifestation. Others, such as rose quartz, work particularly well on issues of the heart, while citrine works well for manifesting money. You can’t go wrong with choosing any crystal to help your manifesting work, but some are more aligned with certain issues than others.Ask the crystal you’ve chosen if it will assist you. Or, ask your collection of crystals which one wants to help. Either intuit, muscle test, or use a pendulum to determine the answer.
- Cleanse and clear the crystal. See above.
- Connect with the crystal. You’ll be tempted to skip this step. Don’t. It’s an important step that awakens the consciousness of the crystal and forms and/or strengthens your relationship to it. Connecting with a crystal means to get to know it. Hold it. Touch it. Squeeze it. Look at its details and intricacies. Admire it. Allow it to impact you and notice how you feel while in its presence. Hold it up to light and see what parts of it come more alive. Listen with your inner knowing and be open to its communications. Feel grateful for its presence and willingness to help you in this way. Spend 5 to 15 minutes connecting before you move onto the next step.
- Imagine the dream. Read your intention. Imagine that desire happening. How will you feel? What will you do? Who will you tell? How will you celebrate? Feel the emotions of receiving that dream come true as fully and intensely as you can.
- Flow that feeling into the crystal.
- Imagine energy flowing from your mind and heart into the crystal. See it as sparkling white light, filling the crystal up with your dream.
- Continue to feel all the emotions that you will feel when you first receive this dream.
- Ask the crystal to continue to amplify and project the energy of your completed dream into the universe.
- Ask it to remind you when you need to focus your energy on this dream.
- Ask it to assist you in gently bringing beliefs that may need to be changed to the surface.
- Complete the session. Mentally let the crystal know you are through. Thank it for its help. Feel deep gratitude. Place the crystal someplace safe with the paper with your intention placed beneath it.
- Refresh as necessary. You may want to repeat the above steps, or simply hold the crystal when you do techniques to manifest this intention.
- Release the crystal from this focus. Once your dream has manifested or you have changed your mind about creating it, thank the crystal once again and clean and clear the programming from it, readying it for the next creation.
It’s that easy. And it’s fun as well as powerful. Please share your crystal experiences in the comments below. And if you’d like to purchase a crystal, I’ve hand-chosen these beauties that are looking for their keeper.
All my love,