If you’re familiar with my book, The Map, you’ll remember that taking action is part of creating anything.
“Wait”, you might say, “if I can create anything can’t I create things just falling into my lap and not having to take any action at all?”
Very clever. Although theoretically, yes, you could sit back and do nothing and expect things to fall into your lap, it’s just not going to work as well. Why?
- Action is a proving ground. Once you have owned your divinity (step one), clarified your dream (step two), and flowed energy towards that dream (step three), then taking action (step four) should feel positive. If it doesn’t, it’s a clue to go back to understand why. If taking action doesn’t feel good, or you aren’t motivated to take action, something is wrong and needs tending to.
- Action intensifies the energies, speeding up the manifestation. Positive emotion (such as excitement, happiness, freedom, love, etc.) directed towards a thought (i.e. your job, relationship, finances, etc.) with supporting beliefs (i.e. I believe I can have this, deserve it, can create it, etc) are what creates realities. If you felt joyous about what you wanted and believed you could have it, you would want to get out there and begin taking action towards that end—preparing for it, researching it, taking steps towards it, etc. Those actions create more positive energy which creates what you want faster than if no action were taken.
- Action is (or should be) part of the fun. The old adage “it’s not about the destination it’s about the journey” is a critically important concept in manifesting your dreams. It’s the energy of fun, excitement, and fulfillment you feel along the way that draws to you the reality you desire. Action helps. You know you’re on the right path when the journey towards your dreams is a blast—and that includes the action steps.
So what’s going on if you don’t feel like taking action?
One of two things is likely going on:
Either you don’t really want what you say you want, or
You don’t believe you can have what you want.
If you really want what you say you want, and if you believe you can have it, nothing would be able to stop you from taking action. You would be so excited, so juiced, so enthralled with getting this thing and expecting it to show up that you would be preparing for it every chance you got.
Case in point:
When I was in the midst of manifesting a loving partnership, I began thinking about the partner I intended on creating. I imagined him staying over, doing things together, and eventually this future love moving into my home.
The action: I cleaned out and reorganized my closet. I bought a dresser for him. I bought hangars. I added some Feng Shui touches to the bedroom.
The result: Within a couple of months he came into my life.
But if you aren’t excited, if you don’t feel inspired to take action, look deeper at why not.
Maybe it isn’t really what you want
I know someone who said he wanted to be a doctor. But he hated the idea of spending years and years in medical school.
When he looked deeper into his motivation, he realized he didn’t really like much about being a doctor at all. He was really after money and prestige.
Upon further self examination, he realized he wanted the title to prove to others that he was valuable.
He worked at healing his self-perception, he changed the belief that he wasn’t valuable without the degree, and eventually he realized that money flows where there is most excitement and passion (if you believe it can). He discovered a career path he loved and became quite wealthy as a result.
And if you’ve looked at whether you really have the desire, and you do, then –
Maybe you don’t believe you can create it
One of the biggest reasons people don’t want to act is the fear of disappointment. They don’t, on a subconscious level, believe they can really create the thing they want.
Oh they want to believe it. But they don’t. And they don’t want to admit that to themselves because then the disappointment would be too much to handle. It’s safer to hold onto the fantasy, even if it never manifests, then to face the fear that it never will.
Beliefs can be changed though, folks. Brutal honesty with yourself is the only way to discover what holds you back.
You can create anything whatsoever you can imagine… one step at a time.
Suggested action steps:
1. Take action on a part of your dream this week.
2. And if you don’t want to, discover why not, change either the dream or the beliefs.
You can do this.
In joyous creation,